Thursday, June 12, 2014

Let Your Dreams Take Flight

Here’s my card for this month’s Sketch for You to Try. I used the Reverse Confetti Here We Go stamp set and matching dies to put this one together.

Let Your Dreams Take Flight card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
I used the set’s airplane as my focal image. It was stamped in navy blue ink and cut with the matching die. I stamped the propeller in gray ink and added it to the plane, then used foam tape to adhere it to a light blue panel. To give the panel a sky-like look, I die cut a cloud from white felt and tucked it underneath the plane. The “let your dreams take flight” sentiment from the Paper Crane set was stamped at the bottom of the panel in gray ink.

I found a pair of coordinating patterned papers from an Echo Park paper pad to use for the panels on the card. They’re adhered over a pale gray panel embossed with tiny dots, matching the dots in the airplane image. I placed the image panel on top, then added a trio of blue enamel dots as an accent.

Materials Used: 
Here We Go and Paper Crane stamp sets, Confetti Cuts Here We Go dies (Reverse Confetti); Memento Luxe Nautical Blue and Gray Flannel inks (Tsukineko); Lake House cardstock (WPlus9); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); A Boy’s Life 6x6 paper pad (Echo Park); Spotted embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts); cloud die (Lil’ Inker Designs); enamel dots (My Mind’s Eye); white felt (Michaels); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is the cutest!!! I just had to pop over and let you know how much I love it!! Super sweet and good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet card, I love how the blues and gray look so fresh! Nice touch with dotted plane & dotted embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips