Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Color Throwdown 306-I Thank My Lucky Stars


It’s time for another Color Throwdown! Cindy is our hostess this week and she’s chosen this fun color palette inspired by a yummy looking berry smoothie—Night of Navy, Pale Plum, and Pear Pizzazz.

I Thank My Lucky Stars card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from WPlus9
The layout for my card is loosely based on the current sketch at the Clean and Simple Stamping blog.  I started out with a soft watercolor wash in shades of plum and pear.  After the watercolors dried (with an assist from my heat gun since I'm impatient!), I stamped one of the sentiments from the new WPlus9 Lucky Stars set over the watercolored section in navy blue pigment ink.  Instead of a large die cut shape, I stamped the set's moon image in gold ink--no, gold's not one of the challenge colors, but for this week, let's just call it a "neutral," okay?  I arranged a few white sequin "stars" around the sentiment for some sparkle and dimension.  I finished the design by matting the panel on Pear Pizzazz cardstock and layering it on a Lavender Moon card base (I'm out of Pale Plum, so this was as close as I could get!).

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post. As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine. Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project. And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD306. Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team, our August guestie, Jodi Collins, and this week’s guest star stamper, Kirsty McIntire.

** Barbara ** Broni ** Cindy ** Joan **
** Monika ** Tammy ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** August guestie Jodi Collins **
** Guest Star Stamper Kirsty McIntire **

Materials Used:
from i {heart} papersWPlus9 Lucky Stars stamp set; Tsukineko Memento Luxe Nautical Blue ink; white sequins

other:  Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lavender Moon cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Delicata Golden Glitz ink (IMAGINE Crafts/Tsukineko); watercolors; watercolor paper

5 comments:

  1. Love this!!! So pretty and soft!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is as sweet as can be! LOVE this Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Lori. Such a sweet theme. The soft colors look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color washed background!! Isn't that WPlus9 set fabulous....gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips