Wednesday, August 20, 2014

You Make the Grade

I've spent two long days in my classroom this week getting ready for my students to arrive next week.  Today's looking like another long one, but I did squeeze in some crafting time to make this school themed card for the current Reverse Confetti color challenge.

You Make the Grade card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Reverse Confetti
The layout for my card is based on the current sketch at Retro Sketches.  I stamped the red cardstock panel with the alphabet block image from the Class Act stamp set in red ink to make my own patterned paper, then adhered it to a white cardstock panel.  I topped the stamped panel with a piece of stitched denim patterned paper.  A long strip of gold paper cut with a notebook border die was slipped between the two layers.

I stamped the "you make the grade" sentiment in gold ink on a blue fishtail flag strip and added that over the panels.  It's heat embossed in gold for an extra pop.  The apple image from the Class Act set was stamped in red ink, then cut with the matching Confetti Cuts die.  I used foam tape to adhere it to the cardfront over the sentiment strip.  A piece of knotted red ribbon rescued from my scrap pile was attached to the opposite end of the sentiment panel.  After adding a pair of staples at the top of the denim panel, I adhered the finished panel to a navy card base.

 Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set, Confetti Cuts Class Act dies (Reverse Confetti); Cherry ink (Avery Elle); Memento Rich Cocoa ink (Tsukineko); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); gold paper (Target); On the Bright Side-One 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); Fishtail Flag Stax  and notebook border dies (My Favorite Things); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Awesome card, Lori! Love the notebook edge and the stitched denim background! Great take on the Reverse Confetti color challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips