Thursday, October 8, 2015

Holiday Cheer



Here's my card for this week's Paper Smooches SPARKS anything goes challenge.  I made a sweet snowman themed holiday card using the current sketch at RetroSketches.

Holiday Cheer card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
The tall snowman from the Swanky Snowdudes set is my focal image.  I stamped him on shimmery white cardstock, colored him with Copic markers, then used the matching die from the Snowdudes set to cut him out.  He's adhered to a light blue snowflake embossed panel using foam tape.  To give the snowflakes extra sparkle, I lightly rubbed the raised flakes with a shimmery white ink.  So pretty!  The bottom of the panel has a snowbank cut with one of the dies from the Stitched set.  The die cuts a perforated curve into your paper, so I followed the curve with my scissors to get the curvy piece. 

I stamped a darker blue pane with a trio of snowflakes from the Swanky Snowdudes stamp set.  Ir's hard to tell in the photo, but the flakes are a shimmery silver.  The snowman panel was attached to the center of the stamped panel.  I cut a red banner using the Flag Tags dies, then stamped the "holiday cheer" sentiment from the Christmas Sampler set on the die cut.  It was adhered to the panel just beneath the snowman.  I attached the finished panel to a coordinating red card base.

Materials Used:
Swanky Snowdudes and Christmas Sampler stamp sets, Snowdudes, Flag Tags, and Stitched dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black, Delicata Silvery Shimmer and Brilliance Moonlight White inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); snowflake embossing folder (Cuttlebug); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips