Thursday, July 28, 2016

No Lion

Here's my card for July's Sketch for You to Try at Reverse Confetti.  I inked up my Leaping Lions set for this fun design.

No Lion card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
I colored the lion image with a mix of yellow, orange, and pink Copic markers, then used the matching die to cut it out. To go with the lion, I found a pair of coordinating patterned papers--one green striped and one golden yellow polka dot (from one of RC's Quick Card Panels sets!).  I set the striped paper along the bottom of a kraft panel, edging it along the top with a narrow dark brown strip for contrast.  I added the dotted panel on top, then put the lion in place using foam tape. 

I used a border punch to make a strip of green "grass" to tuck beneath the lion image.  There was just enough room to stamp the sentiment to the left of the lion.  To add interest, I used the set's banner stamp to create a coordinating banner to drape across the corner of the dotted panel and arranged a trio of brown enamel dots around the sentiment strip.  The finished panel was adhered to a yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Leaping Lions stamp set, Leaping Lions dies, By the Sea Quick Card Panels (Reverse Confetti); Memento Tuxedo Black and Pear Tart inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Kiwi Kiss and Chocolate Chip cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Dots and Stripes-Leaf Small Dot designer paper (Echo Park); Grass border punch (Fiskars); brown enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips