Saturday, April 15, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Tulip



 Photo Source:  everydayhomeblog.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.

Here's my card for the challenge.  Believe it or not, I don't have a single tulip image in my stamp collection.  Not one!  So, I stretched the theme a bit and went with spring-like flowers in colors matching the tulips in the inspiration photo.

My flowers are from WPlus9's Fresh Cut Florals set, my go-to floral stamp set.  I stamped up a bunch of different flowers and leaves using bright pink, light pink, orange, and green, along with a pale blue pot from the Fresh Cut Containers set, then played with different arrangements for a bit.  Once I'd settled on something, I adhered the pieces to a blue gingham panel, using foam tape on some pieces for interest.  To ground the pot, I placed half of a white paper doily beneath it. 

My original plan was to stamp the sentiment directly on the gingham panel in pink ink, but even with heat embossing the text, it got lost in the pattern.  So, I moved on to Plan B, stamping the text from the Strictly Sentiments 2 set on a narrow pale pink strip and adhering it to the panel.  I added a knotted scrap of pink satin ribbon to the strip as an accent.  The finished panel was adhered to a matching blue card base.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:


Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Tulip for the challenge details and to play along with us! 

Materials Used:
Fresh Cut Florals, Fresh Cut Containers, and Strictly Sentiments 2 stamp sets, Lake House pigment ink, Fresh Cut Florals and Fresh Cut Containers dies (WPlus9); Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Rose Bud, and Morocco inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Lemon Grass pigment ink (Avery Elle); Spring Rain and Sweet Blush cardstock, Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); pink satin ribbon (Michaels); white paper doily; foam tape

5 comments:

  1. You had me at the gingham! Love the doily and potted flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this bright and pretty spring card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how we used the same stamps for our cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Lori! Those flowers are lovely in the vase... the doily table clothes looks fantastic. Great take on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous integration of the blue and white BG.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips