Monday, August 7, 2017

Smile, You're Awesome

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I couldn't wait to ink up the All Smiles stamp set from MFT's most recent card kit, so I came up with a way to make it the focal point of my design.

Smile, You're Awesome card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I stamped the large "smile" stamp from the set on a Sour Apple panel with an angled stitched edge, courtesy of one of MFT's Stitched Basic Edges dies.  After stamping the "you're awesome" beneath it in white pigment ink, I heat embossed the words for a nice pop.  I used foam tape to adhere the angled edge panel to a cardfront with a triangular geometric patterned panel along the bottom.  The triangles tie in perfectly with the panel's angled edge!  To bring in a bit more of the color from the patterned panel, I adhered a pair of narrow yellow cardstock strips, rescued from my scrap pile, to the top of the card to finish the design.

Materials Used:
All Smiles stamp set, Lemon Drop and Sour Apple cardstock, Die-namics Stitched Basic Edges dies  (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad (Doodlebug Design); Recollections Snow embossing powder (Michaels); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips