Friday, September 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-Dreamcatcher



 photo source:  weloveboho.com

We hope you'll play along!  The LEAD of this challenge will be invited as a Guest Designer in a future challenge!  Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.  

Ruffle Your Feathers card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Waltzingmouse StampsHere's my take on the inspiration photo.  The beautiful dreamcatcher is front and center in the photo, but for my design, instead of a dreamcatcher image, I focused on the dreamcatcher's feathers.  My feathers are from the Waltzingmouse Stamps Funky Feathers set.  I stamped them in pigment inks on thick vellum, then cut out the stamped images with the matching die.  I arranged them in the upper left corner of a pale gray panel stamped with the large background stamp from WMS's Woodgrain set.  To anchor the feather trio, I placed a twine bow at the top of the stack. The bow's a bit larger than I'd usually use on a cardfront, but I wanted to bring in the thread element from the dreamcatcher.  The "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers" sentiment was stamped on the lower right side of the panel in brown ink.  I wanted to bring in some pops of blue to the design, so I added a trio of enamel dots around the feathers.  They bring a bead-like element in to the design.  The finished panel was adhered to a darker gray card base.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:
Curtain Call Pinterest Boards

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: Dreamcatcher for the challenge details and to play along with us! 
Materials Used:
Funky Feathers and Woodgrain stamp sets, Funky Feathers dies (Waltzingmouse Stamps); Memento Luxe Rhubarb Stalk, Toffee Crunch, Gray Flannel, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Stormy cardstock (Reverse Confetti); vellum cardstock (Stampin' Up!); twine (Lawn Fawn); Swimming Pool Sprinkles enamel dots (Doodlebug Design)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Lori! Love the background paper and the awesome colors on the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty take on the inspiration photo, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips