Friday, October 27, 2017

Peace Love and Joy

Peace Love and Joy card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
It's getting to be the time of year when my thoughts turn to holiday cards.  With working full time and going to graduate school, I'm not sure I'm going to have enough time to mass produce a card design this year . . .  This holiday design based on the current challenge at Global Design Project wouldn't be too hard to make in a large quantity, so I'll need to keep this one in mind! 

I paired the "peace, love, and joy" sentiment from Reverse Confetti's Seasonal Sentiments stamp set with a snowflake die cut and a non-traditional color scheme in my take on the sketch.  The sentiment was stamped in RC's Grape Soda ink on a white panel. I adhered a pair of dotted patterned paper panels, matted on shimmery silver, to a purple card base, then added the sentiment panel, matted on contrasting navy, on top.  After wrapping the cardfront with some silver thread, I added a snowflake cut from white glitter cardstock. I love the funky shape of the flakes in RC's Let It  Snow die set!  I accented the flake with a large clear crystal to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Seasonal Sentiments stamp set, Grape Soda ink, Navy cardstock, Warm Heart 6x6 paper pad, Let It Snow dies (Reverse Confetti); Amethyst Allure cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Recollections Silver cardstock, Recollections White glitter cardstock, silver thread (Michaels); circle dies (Spellbinders); clear crystal; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. I love the purple! I rarely think about using purple for winter / Christmas Cards but this works well! Thank you for playing along with Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, because it´s extra ordenary <3
    Thank´s for playing with us.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful simplicity, Lori! Such a great design and use of color! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's sketch challenge at the Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, I love the non-tradtional Christmas colors of your card. You did a great job utilizing the sketch. Thanks for playing along this week at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips