Friday, November 3, 2017

Leafy Thanks

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I combined the layout with elements from the inspiration photo (leaf motif, color scheme) to create this fall themed thank you design.

Leafy Thanks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-dies from SugarPea Designs
I sttarted out by creating a tag from die cut kraft cardstock.   The tag's edges were inked with some distress ink for a weathered look.  I die cut a pair of leaves from cardstock scraps using the Stitched Autumn Icons dies from SugarPea Designs, then used foam tape to adhere the leaves to the bottom of the tag.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "thanks" from both orange cardstock and craft foam.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered them to a navy blue flag strip, then positioned the strip at the top of the tag.   A piece of orange seam binding from my scrap pile was looped through the hole at the top of the tag to give it a finished look.  I layered the tag on a piece of navy blue dotted patterned paper.  The patterned paper panel was adhered to an orange card base to match the sentiment and one of the die cut leaves.

Materials Used:
Stitched Autumn Icons, Gift Tag, Thanks, and Stitched Flags dies (SugarPea Designs); Night of Navy and Crumb Cake cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Orange Fizz cardstock (My Favorite Things); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Lush 2 Navy Polka Dot designer paper (My Mind's Eye); orange seam binding (Martha Stewart); craft foam; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips