Friday, December 1, 2017

Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge-A Good Read


image source:  goodhousekeeping.com 

We hope you'll play along! Please visit the Curtain Call Challenge blog for all the challenge info and deadline.  
 
Page Turner card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
Here's my take on the inspiration photo.  The layout for my design is based on the current challenge at The Paper Players.  I used the stack of books as the starting point for my card and found an image featuring a stack of books in the Class Act set from SugarPea Designs to use on my card.  The books were colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  To go with the books, I found a book themed birthday sentiment from another SPD set, I Like Big Books, and stamped it in black ink on a cream oval.  The books were adhered to the edge of the oval panel using foam tape.

I matted the panel on oval cardstock, then adhered it to a gray dotted patterned paper panel with a strip of blue cardstock on the right side.  It's hard to see in the photo, but the blue panel is embossed with a letter pattern to go with the books.  The red strip at the edge of the blue panel was a last minute addition.  I tucked it underneath the right edge for one more pop of color.  The finished panel was adhered to a gray card base.

Make sure you visit each of the designers' blogs for more inspiration:

Follow us:

Stop by the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge: A Good Read for the challenge details and to play along with us! 

Materials Used:
Class Act and I Like Big Books stamp sets, Class Act dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Soup Staples II designer paper (Jillibean Soup); oval dies (Spellbinders); Book Print Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink); cream twine (Hemptique); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. I am loving this Lori - pretty AND punny all wrapped into one! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the inspiration photo, Lori!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips