Saturday, January 6, 2018

You Are a Star

You Are a Star card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used some star-themed Die-namics dies to put together this design.  The trio of stars on the right side of the panel were cut from silver cardstock with a die from the Blueprints 18 set.  Each star was adhered to a layered square with rounded edges. I didn't have a die to cut the funky square-ish shapes, so mine are fashioned from blue and silver squares with two opposite corners cut with a corner rounder.  I positioned the squares along the right side of a piece of blue gingham patterned paper.  For the sentiment, I stamped "you are a" from the Count the Stars stamp set in silver ink on the gingham paper, then heat embossed the words in silver so they'd pop against the background.  I finished the sentiment with the word "star."  For dimension I cut the word twice, once from navy blue cardstock and once from craft foam, then layered the two pieces.  The finished panel was adhered to a coordinating blue card base.

Materials Used:
Count the Stars stamp set, Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6 paper pad, Die-namics Stars and Wishes and Blueprints 18 dies (My Favorite Things); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Brocade Blue and Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Recollections Silver cardstock (Michaels); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); corner rounder; craft foam

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips