Friday, January 5, 2018

You Brighten My Day

You Brighten My Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from SugarPea Designs
With cold winter weather in overdrive right now, I needed to find something something bright in my world, so I guess it'll have to come from my cards! This bright, cheery design is for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and uses the Watt's Up? stamp set from SugarPea Designs.  I stamped the pair of light bulbs on a white panel, staggering their lengths for interest.  The bulbs were colored with yellow Copic markers to give them a warm glow.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I gave the bulbs some sparkle with a coating from a clear glitter brush pen.  The set's "you brighten my day" sentiment was stamped at the bottom of the panel.  I matted the image panel on black and yellow panels, then used foam tape to position it on a yellow patterned paper panel over a strip of shiny black satin ribbon.  The finished panel was adhered to a black card base.

Materials Used:
Watt's Up? stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter pen (Spectrum Noir); Lemon Drop cardstock (My Favorite Things); True Black cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Citrus Matstack (DCWV); black satin ribbon; foam tape

2 comments:

  1. It certainly is cold these days in NY! Love your sunshiny card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This definitely brightens the days!! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips