Thursday, March 29, 2018

Sprinkled with Every Happy Thing


Here's my card for this month's Where Creativity Meets C9 challenge.  I paired the challenge sketch with Concord & 9th's Sweet Sprinkles stamp set for this birthday design.

Sprinkled with Every Happy Thing card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
I have to admit, I had a few false starts on the background.  First, I stamped the sprinkles in white on a watercolor panel and heat embossed them, then painted over the stripes of sprinkles with a light watercolor wash.  Didn't look like I wanted it to!  Then, I heat embossed the sprinkles in white on a pale pink card base.  Again, no go.  For my third try, I stamped the sprinkles in white pigment ink.  Too pale!  So, after all of that, I finally settled on contrasting bright pink cardstock strips positioned on a pale pink cardstock panel. The cupcake, stamped with pigment inks, was positioned over the stripes using foam tape.  I wound a length of silver cord behind it and arranged a trio of pink sequins around it for a festive look.  The "hope your day is sprinkled with every happy thing" sentiment was stamped beneath the cupcake image in bright pink ink.  I used my MISTI to stamp the text so I could overstamp it a few times so it would really stand out. The finished panel was adhered to a bright pink card base.

Materials Used:
Sweet Sprinkles stamp set, Sweet Sprinkles dies (Concord & 9th); Memento Luxe Angel Pink, Rose Bud, and Rich Cocoa inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); and Raspberry Fizz cardstock (Papertrey Ink); silver thread (Michaels); Pink Blush sequins (Pretty Pink Posh); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips