Friday, May 4, 2018

Plane and Simple Shadow Box

Plane and Simple shadow box card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
The current Lawnfawnatics challenge is to create a 3D card. I don't have any of Lawn Fawn's awesome 3D card dies, so I made my card the old-school way! It's a variation on a shadow box card that folds down flat to fit in a standard A2 envelope.

The opening of my card reveals the small scene inside.  The background is a piece of blue plaid paper from Lawn Fawn's Perfectly Plaid-Spring paper pad.  I added some grass cut with a border punch inside the bottom of the opening, then layered the rest of my elements on the plaid background. The cheery yellow stitched sun from the Spring Showers die set was adhered directly on the plaid paper.  One cloud was placed right over the sun and the other was added using foam tape.  My focal image is one of the planes from the Plane and Simple stamp set.  After coloring it with Copic markers and die cutting the colored image, I added it to the scene using two layers of foam tape for extra dimension.  I assembled the card, then added the sentiment around the scene on contrasting red cardstock.

Materials Used:
Plane and Simple stamp set, Perfectly Plaid-Spring 6x6 paper pad, Plane and Simple and Spring Showers dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze, Pear Tart, Riding Hood Red, and Shimmery White cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grass border punch (Fiskars); circle dies (Spellbinders); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips