Saturday, August 18, 2018

Birthday Balloons

Birthday Balloons card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
I recently ordered some birthday themed stamps and dies from Concord & 9th and when they arrived, I couldn't wait to use them!  I tried them out on this card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

I used the dotted paper strip for my color inspiration.  Based on the colors in the paper, I started off with a minty green card base with the dotted strip adhered near the top.  I die cut two balloons, one aqua and one coral, with the Happy Balloons die set.  The balloons were positioned on the left side of the dotted strip.  For the sentiment, I die cut the word "happy" from the Birthday die set from both golden yellow cardstock and and craft foam.  After layering the two pieces for dimension, I adhered the word over the larger balloon.  The word "birthday" from the Top It Off stamp set was stamped just beneath the patterned paper strip in teal ink to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Top It Off stamp set, Happy Balloons and Birthday dies (Concord &9th); Tranquil Teal ink (Gina K Designs); Mint Julep, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, and Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Cameo Coral cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Just Splendid 6x6 paper pad (My Mind's Eye); craft foam; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. A fun birthday card with such pretty colors! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card!! Perfect for anyone. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips