Sunday, August 19, 2018

Winter Warmth and Wishes

Warmest Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for this week's My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I created a sweet holiday themed design based on the sketch, replacing the layout's circles with a pair of red mittens created with the Winter Warmth dies.  After cutting the mittens out from red cardstock, I stamped the stitching pattern from the coordinating Winter Warmth stamp set onto the die cuts with white pigment ink.  I used a length of twine to connect the mittens before adhering them to the pink card base using foam tape.  For interest, I looped the twine before securing it on the cardfront. 

To go with the stitched pattern on the mittens, I attached a strip of paper with a knit pattern across the bottom of the cardfront, tucking it beneath the bottom mitten. The holiday sentiment from the Hug in a Mug stamp set was stamped to the right of the mittens, just above the patterned paper panel, in red ink.

Materials Used:
Winter Warmth and Hug in a Mug stamp sets, Winter Warmth dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Lady Bug and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sweet Blush cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Knit Picky 6x6 paper pad (Lawn Fawn); twine (Hemptique); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and cozy card Lori! Love how beautifully the patterned papers coordinate with the mittens!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips