Sunday, September 2, 2018

You Color My World

You Color My World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  This is sketch #400 and I believe that I've participated in every single one so far!

I created a rainbow themed design based on the sketch, arranging different colored cardstock strips rescued from my scrap pile along the top edge of the white card base to form a rainbow.  I topped the rainbow with a shimmery white stitched cloud, cut with a die from the End of the Rainbow die set, with a yellow pinking circle "sun" tucked behind it.  The "you color my world" sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set was stamped beneath the rainbow and cloud in black ink.  I accented the cloud with a trio of sparkly silver glitter enamel dots to finish the design.  I think I might have liked the card better if I'd built it on a light blue, sky-like card base ...

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, End of the Rainbow dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Real Red, Only Orange, Yoyo Yellow, Green Galore, and Pacific Point cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardust cardstock (The Paper Cut); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips