Friday, September 28, 2018

Grateful for You


This month's challenge at Where Creativity Meets C9 is a beautiful color inspiration challenge.  I paired the colors with Concord & 9th's gorgeous Lace Leaf set for this pretty fall card.

So Very Thankful card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
I stamped the leaf image in gold ink, then heat embossed the image in gold.  The embossed image was watercolored using Clean Color markers and a waterbrush.  I outlined the image in pale blue, hoping to softly fade the blue out, but wasn't as successful at that as I would have liked... I stamped the set's "so very thankful" sentiment at the top of the panel, then matted it on clay colored cardstock. The layered panels were adhered to a golden yellow card base on an angle.  I thought about adding some embellishments, like a few sequins, but in the end, decided not to add anything to keep the focus on the leaf image.

Materials Used:
Lace Leaf stamp set (Concord & 9th); Delicata Golden Glitz and Versafine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Clean Color markers (Zig); Tumbled Glass distress ink (Ranger); Harvest Gold and Canyon Clay cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Gold embossing powder (American Crafts)

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful autumn card Lori! I love skeleton leaves and the gold really makes this one pop!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips