Friday, September 21, 2018

Happy Bird-day

Happy Bird-Day card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's a cute clean and simple birthday design for the current challenge at Addicted to CAS.  The current challenge code word is tweet.  When I saw the code word, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I turned to one of my all-time favorite and maybe even most used image from Paper Smooches for my card.  This adorable birdie from the set has gotten a lot of use over the years!  I stamped the bird image on a matching die cut piece, then used Copic markers to color in the image.  The bird was adhered to a blue card base with a strip of green "grass" to ground the image.  The card looked a little empty, so I added in a heart-shaped balloon from the Smoocheroos set along with a hand-drawn string.  The "happy bird-day" sentiment was stamped above the bird in black ink to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Birthday Buddies and Smoocheroos stamp sets, Buddies Icons dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Baja Breeze and Pear Pizzazz cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Fun card and that sentiment cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute bird and I love your puny sentiment, Lori! Beautiful Copic coloring, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips