Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Pucker Up

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I paired the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (citrus fruit and color scheme) for this fun design featuring stamps from Paper Smooches

Pucker Up card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper SmoochesThe lemons are from the classic Fruitastic stamp set.  I colored the images with Copic markers and cut them out by hand--not realizing until I was done that I had the matching dies... They're arranged on a lemon yellow card base over an orange cardstock strip and a green dotted patterned paper strip, chosen to bring in the citrusy colors of the inspiration photo.  I accented the images with a trio of lime green sequins, then added the set's "pucker up" sentiment beneath the paper strips to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Fruitastic stamp set (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Lemon Tart and Orange Zest cardstock, Simply Chartreuse patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); lime green sequins (Treehouse Studios); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Lori, this is such a fun CAS design! Made me smile! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on both the sketch and color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! That face just cracks me up! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips