Sunday, September 23, 2018

Some Days You're the Dog

Some Days You're the Dog card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I used the layout's long panel to make a fun scene using stamps from the You Make My Tail Wag set.  I colored up the set's dog and fire hydrant images with Copic markers, then cut out the colored images with the matching dies.  The images were adhered to a narrow blue strip with a strip of green "grass" along the bottom, using foam tape for dimension.  The set's "some days you're the dog" sentiment was stamped to the right of the images.

After matting the image panel with navy cardstock, I layered it on to a light blue panel with a strip of blue gingham patterned paper adhered diagonally across it. The finished panel was adhered to a navy blue card base. 

Materials Used:
You Make My Tail Wag stamp set, Farm Fresh Gingham 6x6 paper pad, You Make My Tail Wag dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Spring Rain and Simply Chartreuse cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy cardstock (Stampin' Up!); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips