Monday, September 24, 2018

Thanks for Owl You Do

Something old, something new is the theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge.  I'll admit that I've got some really old Lawn Fawn stamp sets, including the debut Critters in the 'Burbs stamp set, but I didn't go back quite that far for the card I made for the challenge!

Thanks for Owl You Do card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
I paired the So Owlsome set from Lawn Fawn's latest release with the older A Good Apple set for this teacher themed card.  I used the chalkboard from the A Good Apple set to make a background and a spot for a sentiment.  The image was stamped on kraft cardstock, then I stamped it again on gray cardstock.  I cut out the chalkboard portion of the image and to do some paper piecing.  The "thanks" from the A Good Apple set and the "for owl you do" from the So Owlsome set were stamped in white pigment ink on the chalkboard part of the image, then heat embossed the text for a chalk-like look.  I adhered the chalkboard to a cream card base with a hand drawn floor at the bottom.  I colored up the owl and apple images from the So Owlsome set with Copic markers, then cut them out. They're adhered to the cardfront in front of the chalkboard, using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
So Owlsome and A Good Apple stamp sets, A Good Apple dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Steel Grey cardstock (My Favorite Things); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. this is so cool! LOVE seeing teacher cards (they're so under appreciated! ha!)! your owl is adorable with that chalkboard! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! LOVE your CAS design!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Lawnfawnatics Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips