Thursday, October 18, 2018

A Rainbow of Happiness

Rainbow of Happiness card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
Here's my card for this month's Mix It Up Challenge at SugarPea Designs. I combined elements of the sketch with elements of the inspiration photo for my clean and simple design.

I started out with a plain white card base.  To make a background, I used a blue distress ink and an ink blending tool to create a sky, darker at the center and lighter as the color moves towards the edges of the cardfront.  I used SPD's Whatever the Weather dies to create a rainbow for the focal image.  After assembling the rainbow and adhering it to the cardfront, I added a pair of silver die cut clouds to one end of the rainbow, using foam tape for dimension.  The "wishing you a rainbow of happiness" sentiment from the Whatever the Weather stamp set was stamped just beneath the rainbow and clouds in black ink.  I added a trio of silver glitter enamel dots beneath the clouds to complete the design.

Materials Used:
Whatever the Weather stamp set, Whatever the Weather dies (SugarPea Designs); VersaFine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Mermaid Lagoon distress ink (Ranger); Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Lovely Lilac, Green Galore, Pacific Point, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver cardstock (Recollections); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Looks incredibly cute and so happy! Thanks for playing with Mix It Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips