Friday, October 19, 2018

Spooktacular Birthday

Here's my card for the current Fusion challenge.  I love seasonal cards in non-traditional color schemes, so I paired the sketch with the theme and color scheme from the inspiration photo for this design.

My focal image is the ghost from the SugarPea Designs Eek-a-Boo stamp set.  I stamped the image in white pigment ink on a piece of vellum cardstock, then heat embossed it in white ink.  I added just a bit of color to the image with Copic markers, coloring on the back of the image and using the embossed lines for guidelines, then carefully cut it out by hand.  For the backdrop, I used circle punches to cut pale purple and aqua pieces.  After arranging them on a pale pink card base, I added the ghost on top.  I debated using a Halloween sentiment, but in the end went with a birthday one, stamping the "wishing you a spooktacular birthday" sentiment just to the right of the image to finish the card.

Materials Used:
Eek-a-Boo stamp set (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Sweet Blush, Lilac Grace, and Aqua Mist cardstock (Papertrey Ink); vellum cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun birthday card and LOVE that you used vellum for the ghost image! Thanks for joining us at Fusion Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips