Saturday, October 20, 2018

Birthday Balloons

Birthday Balloons card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Concord & 9th
Here's my card for this week's challenge at Global Design Project.  I used Krista's layout as the inspiration for this fun birthday design.

The interesting sentiment/image panel element on Krista's card caught my attention, so I wanted to replicate that on my design.  I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment from  Concord & 9th's Eat Cake & Celebrate stamp set in aqua ink on a white panel, then added a die cut lime balloon to the right side of the panel, using foam tape for dimension.  The panel was edged with some festive aqua pom pom trim, then set aside.  For the background panel, I stamped a pair of aqua balloons on a white cardstock panel using a solid balloon image from the Happy Balloons stamp set. I matted the stamped panel on coordinating lime and aqua cardstock panels, then adhered it to a white card base.  The sentiment panel was placed on top using more foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Happy Balloons and Eat Cake & Celebrate stamp sets, Happy Balloons dies (Concord & 9th); Key Lime ink (Gina K Designs); Iced Aqua ink (Reverse Confetti); Limeade Ice and Hawaiian Shores cardstock (Papertrey Ink); pom pom trim; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips