Monday, November 12, 2018

Because Adulting Is Hard

Because Adulting Is Hard card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
It's Monday (again!), so a coffee themed card seems especially appropriate.  This one is based on Julee's latest Mojo Monday sketch.  I stamped the oh so true sentiment on a kraft circle in dark brown ink, mixing words and phrases from two SugarPea Designs stamp sets.  I matted the sentiment panel on a dark brown circle, then adhered it to an earthy toned floral patterned paper panel. The die cut to go cup was adhered to the left side of the circle using foam tape.  It's hard to see in the photo, but I added a bit of shading to the cup and lid with Copic markers before attaching the pieces to the panel.  For the background, I adhered a wide strip of sage green cardstock edged with some cream trim across the bottom of a kraft card base.  After matting the floral panel on dark brown cardstock, I adhered it to the kraft card base, overlapping the contrasting sage panel.  I think I know a few people who might appreciate this one...

Materials Used:
The Perfect Blend and Espresso Yourself stamp sets, Coffee to Go Cup dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Espresso Truffle ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Kraft cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Chocolate Chip and Sage Shadow cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Prairie Hill 6x6 paper pack (Pink Paislee); circle dies (Spellbinders); cream trim (Hobby Lobby); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Fun card Lori and that sentiment is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this so much, Lori! Thanks for joining me for Mojo!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips