Thursday, November 15, 2018

I Adore You

I Adore You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Paper Smooches
This month's Paper Smooches challenge is a fabulous inspiration/mood board.  I took my cues from the fox image, the graphic patterns, and the colors to put together this fun design.

The fox is from the Chilly Chums stamp set.  I colored him up with Copic markers then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  To bring in the graphic patterns from the inspiration photo, I found a pair of patterned paper scraps and arranged them on a golden yellow card base, angling them for interest.  I placed a pale gray cardstock strip across the bottom of the cardfront, crossing the patterned panels, then added the fox on top using foam tape for dimension.  The "I adore you" sentiment from the Good Gab stamp set was stamped directly on the one of the patterned panels in Versafine Clair ink--my favorite for stamping sentiments.  To accent the words, I added a pair of wood veneer hearts.  A torn piece of gold washi tape positioned at the bottom of the narrow gray strip completed the design with a touch of sparkle.

Materials Used:
Chilly Chums and Good Gab stamp sets (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black and Versafine Clair Nocturne inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Harvest Gold cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Date Night 6x6 paper pad (Chickanniy Crafts); My Girl 6x6 paper pad (American Crafts); wood veneer hearts (Studio Calico); gold washi tape; foam tape


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips