Monday, November 19, 2018

I Whale Always Love You

Here's my card for the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I flipped the direction of the layout's scalloped panel to fit my ocean themed design.

I Whale Always Love You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Avery Elle
My focal image is a whale from Avery Elle's Whale Hello stamp set.  The image was colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching die.  I made a background for the whale by covering most of a card base with an aqua grid patterned panel, then adding a pair of irregular scallop edged panels along the bottom.  The scalloped waves were created with the help of a pair of small circle punches.  I stamped the set's "I whale always love you" sentiment on the top panel in white pigment ink, then heat embossed the text so it would pop against the background.  The whale was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped a trio of tiny hearts above the image and colored them in with contrasting red ink to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Whale Hello stamp set, Whale Hello dies (Avery Elle); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Blue Bayou cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Aqua Screen designer paper, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); circle punches (EK Success); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this card Lori! So clean and simple but so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips