Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Peace, Love, and Licks

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I rotated the sketch so that the rectangle panel was on the bottom, which allowed the sentiment to ground my image.

Wishing You Peace, Love, and Licks card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The image I used is one of the dogs from the Deck the Howls stamp set. I colored up the image with Copic markers then used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  To add some texture to the image, I filled in the brim and pom pom on the hat with a bit of white flock.  The image was adhered to a pink pierced rectangle panel using foam tape for dimension.  I matted the panel on red cardstock, then adhered it to a chevron patterned paper panel on a red card base.

The set's "wishing you peace, love, and, licks" sentiment was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow gray strip, then heat embossed to pop against the dark background.  I adhered it to the cardfront just beneath the image.  When I stamped the sentiment, I had been planning to use a different image that I had colored in shades of gray, but it didn't fit the panel as well, so I switched to this sweet, not gray doggie instead.  Now that I look at it again, I probably should have used red cardstock for the sentiment instead of gray...

Materials Used:
Deck the Howls stamp set, Bubblegum and Steel Grey cardstock, Fresh Squeezed Chevron 6x6 paper pad, Pierced Rectangle STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Wedding Dress inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); white flock (Stampendous); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips