Friday, December 21, 2018

Co-worker Holiday Cheer

My team at work celebrated the holidays with a luncheon yesterday and I brought everyone a small gift (an easy to care for potted succulent) as part of the celebration.  I put together some simple, festive tags to dress up the gift bags I used to present their gifts. 

Holiday Cheer tags-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Concord & 9th
The tags were cut from red cardstock.  I used white pigment ink to stamp the "holiday cheer" sentiment from Concord & 9th's Snow Flurry stamp set near the bottom of each tag, then heat embossed the text in white.  The snowflakes were stamped in silver, then heat embossed in silver for a snow-like shimmer.  Once I was done using my heat tool, I added a strip of super sparkly silver glitter tape between the flakes and the text.  I've had the tape in my stash for a while and the adhesive is no longer super strong (I think it was from Target's dollar spot, so I probably shouldn't be too disappointed...), so I used my tape runner on the back to give it a little extra stick before wrapping the tape around the tag. Small self-adhesive clear crystals at the center of each flake added a final sparkly touch to the tags.  I punched a hole at the top of each tag and used a piece of silver ribbon to secure the tag and a smaller white tag with a message to the gift bags.

Materials Used:
Snow Flurry stamp set (Concord & 9th); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress and Delicata Silvery Shimmer inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); Traditional Tag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); silver glitter tape (Target); clear self-adhesive crystals

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips