Saturday, December 22, 2018

Have Your Elf a Holly Jolly Christmas

Here's my card for the current Mix It Up challenge at SugarPea Designs. I was inspired by the color scheme and round shape of the ball of yarn in the inspiration photo.

Have Your Elf a Holly Jolly Christmas card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea Designs
I had colored the elf image from the Merry Makers set last month as part of The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I knew he'd be perfect for my design!  After cutting out the colored image with the coordinating die, I added some white flock to the top of his hat and a coating of clear glitter to the light bulbs.  For the background, I arranged a pair of die cut circles, one red and one green, on a white cardstock panel, then wrapped up a length of gold thread in a messy round pile.  The elf image was added on top using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the "have your elf a holly jolly Christmas" sentiment on the larger red circle, then adhered the finished panel to a coordinating green card base.

Materials Used:
Merry Makers stamp set, Merry Makers dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Real Red and Green Galore cardstock (Stampin' Up!); circle dies (Spellbinders); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); white flock (Stampendous); gold thread; foam tape

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I love this elf and the metallic thread is such a perfect touch! Thanks for joining us this month at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips