Thursday, December 20, 2018

Wrapped Up Warm Wishes

Warm Wishes card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
Here's my card for this month's ribbon challenge at Paper Smooches.  I used ribbon on this gift wrap inspired card based on the current sketch at TGIF Challenges.

My "wrapping paper" is some pretty red snowflake patterned paper.  I wrapped it with wide strips of red grosgrain ribbon before adhering it to an aqua card base to match the colors in the pattern.  To bring in more aqua, I cut a pair of mittens using PS's Mitten dies.  I positioned them on the cardfront at the point where the ribbon strips intersect.  The "warm wishes" sentiment from the Winter Sampler set was stamped on the top mitten. I used my Bow Easy to make a festive little accent for the mitten, too.  A trio of silver sequins arranged around the mittens completed the design.

Materials Used:
Winter Sampler stamp set, Mitten dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Lady Bug ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Aqua Mist cardstock, Rustic Snowflakes patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Real Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); red grosgrain ribbon (Michaels); Bow Easy; silver sequins; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips