Saturday, December 29, 2018

Milestone Anniversary

50th Wedding Anniversary card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamp from Verve Stamps
My parents are celebrating a milestone wedding anniversary today--50 years!  I made this card based on the current Mojo Monday sketch to mark the very special occasion.  Since 50 years is traditionally known as the gold anniversary, I kept my palette to white and gold, adding lots of texture along the way.  The background panel is embossed with a triangular pattern.  I added a plain white strip down the middle of the panel, then adhered a wide fishtail flag strip to the right side.  The "happy anniversary" sentiment is a single stamp from Verve Stamps.  As I was making the card, I realized I don't have many anniversary stamps in my collection--I probably should have thought about this a while ago knowing this anniversary was coming up...To go with the anniversary theme, I cut a pair of dotted hearts from gold paper using a die from Lil' Inker Designs.  They were adhered to the bottom of the panel using foam tape.  The finished panel was adhered to a white card base to complete the clean, classic look.

Materials Used:
Happy Anniversary Plain Jane (Verve Stamps); Versafine Clair Nocturne ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); gold paper (Target); Love Triangle embossing folder (Cuttlebug); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Dual Dotted Heart dies (Lil' Inker Designs); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Aww, happy anniversary to your mom and dad! Great card...they're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary to your parents! Such a darling card, Lori! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips