Sunday, January 20, 2019

Some Days You're the Dog

Some Days You're the Dog card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  Last week was a long one at work--even with a snow day thrown in--so this sentiment really spoke to me!

I colored up the dog and hydrant images from the You Make My Tail Wag set using Copic markers.  They were adhered to a blue panel over a strip of green "grass" using foam tape for dimension.  I stamped the sentiment above the images, then adhered the panel to the top of a red card base.  I found a red dotted patterned paper strip from my stash of scraps and positioned it at the bottom of the cardfront.  A narrow light blue scrap was set between the dotted panel and the grass strip to finish the card.

Materials Used:
You Make My Tail Wag stamp set, You Make My Tail Wag dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts);  markers (Copic); Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Riding Hood Red cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Miss Caroline-Dilly Dally 6x6 patterned paper (My Mind's Eye); Grass border punch (Fiskars); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips