Thursday, January 24, 2019

You Warm My Heart

The theme for this month's Stock Your Stash challenge at Reverse Confetti is "love is in the air."  I went with a winter theme rather than a more traditional Valentine's Day theme for my design.

You Warm My Heart card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Reverse Confetti
For the focal image, I dressed up a navy tag cut with one of the Tag Me dies.  It's topped with a pair of mittens from the Smitten Mittens set. One mitten has the "you warm my heart" sentiment on it.  The other solid mitten was created by flipping the sentiment stamp over and inking the "solid" side of the stamp with the same mint pigment ink.  After die cutting the mitten pair, I arranged them on the tag using foam tape for dimension.  The solid mitten was dressed up with a purple heart die cut made with one of the heart dies from the Love Note die set.  To give the tag a finished look, I threaded purple grosgrain ribbon through the hole at the top of the tag and secured it with a blue button and some cream twine.  I paired the tag with some pretty plaid patterned paper from my scrap pile and a white paper doily.  The finished panel was adhered to a navy card base that coordinates with the color of the tag.

Materials Used:
Smitten Mittens stamp set, Navy cardstock, Smitten Mittens, Tag Me, and Love Note dies (Reverse Confetti); Mint to Be pigment ink (Avery Elle); Winter Wisteria cardstock, Spring Rain button (Papertrey Ink); cream twine (Hemptique); purple grosgrain ribbon, white paper doily; foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips