Saturday, February 16, 2019

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You

Here's my card for the current challenge at Global Design Project.  I took my cues from the inspiration card's rainbow color scheme and white on black sentiment and incorporated those elements into my own design.

I Thank My Lucky Stars for You card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Lawn Fawn
I heat embossed the large image from Lawn Fawn's Starry Backdrops set in white on a watercolor paper panel, then blended an array of distress inks across the panel to create a rainbow.  Once I was finished inking, I buffed the panel with a paper towel to clean off the excess ink and reveal the white stars.  The panel was matted on white cardstock and adhered to a pale gray card base.  The "I thank my lucky stars" sentiment from the Lucky Stars set was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow black cardstock strip and heat embossed in white, then adhered over the panel using foam tape for dimension.

Materials Used:
Starry Backdrops and Lucky Stars stamp sets (Lawn Fawn); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Carved Pumpkin, Shabby Shutters, Festive Berries, Mustard Seed, and Salty Ocean distress inks (Ranger); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Snow embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

1 comment:

  1. I was drawn to your card right away. Stunning color blending.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips