Sunday, February 17, 2019

Rain or Shine

Here's my take on the current challenge at CAS Colours and Sketches.  I used an image from Hello Bluebird that I'd colored as part of this month's Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge to create this clean and simple design.

Rain or Shine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Hello Bluebird
After coloring the image from the Rainy Day stamp set with Copic markers, I used my Scan 'n Cut machine to cut out the colored image.  The image was adhered to a pale blue card base using foam tape.  I stamped a puddle beneath the image to ground it and a few raindrop images around the image to fill in the scene. The "rain or shine I'm here for you" sentiment was stamped on a yellow fishtail flag strip and adhered to the cardfront extending out from underneath the left edge of the image.

Materials Used:
Rainy Day stamp set (Hello Bluebird); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Sea Glass ink (Gina K Designs); markers (Copic); Sno Cone cardstock, Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); Bright Buttercup cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love how cheery it is! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! And your coloring is terrific, Lori! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling take on this week's sketch, very clever. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips