Friday, March 22, 2019

Cake Pop Inspired Celebrate

Here's my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo, including the color scheme and the shape of the cake pops, to come up with this birthday design.

Celebrate card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stencil and dies from SugarPea Designs
I used the balloon die from SPD's Birthday Journal Card die set to cut a trio of colorful balloons from cardstock scraps.  They were arranged on a white zig zag circle die cut using foam tape for dimension.  I've been looking for an opportunity to use the new Concentric Circles stencil and I thought it would make a fabulous background for the balloon trio.  I used Broken China distress oxide ink on an aqua panel, starting with a heavier hand near the center and lightening up as I moved towards the panel's edges.  The circle was adhered close to the center of the stenciled section.  I do wish I'd done the stenciling higher up on the card so that the image panel would be a little higher on the card...

For the sentiment, I die cut the word "celebrate" twice using the Celebrate die, once from an aqua cardstock scrap and once from craft foam, then layered the two pieces for dimension before adhering them to the bottom of the round panel.  A trio of cotton candy pink sequins were arranged around the panel as an accent, then it was adhered to a coordinating lemon yellow card base.

Materials Used:
Celebrate, Zig Zag Stitched Circles, and Birthday Journal Card dies, Concentric Circles stencil (SugarPea Designs); Broken China distress oxide (Ranger); Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, Limeade Ice, and Lemon Tart cardstock (Papertrey Ink); craft foam; foam tape

4 comments:

  1. Great card Lori! I love that stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card looks absolutely adorable and sweet! Love the pretty pastel colors! Thanks so much for entering into SPD Mix It Up Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cheerful card and great design! Thanks for joining us in the SugarPea Designs Mix it Up challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stencil is one of my favorites and I love how you used it Lori!! Thanks for joining us this month at SugarPea Designs :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips