Saturday, March 23, 2019

Tic Tac Toe-tally Awesome

Here's my card for the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  At first, I wasn't sure about what I wanted to do with the grid-like arrangement of elements, but then I remembered the cute X's and O's tic tac toe themed stamp and dies set from My Favorite Things and knew the game board would be perfect for the sketch.

Tic Tac Toe-tally Awesome card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I die cut the cross hatch game board three times from black cardstock.  After layering the pieces for dimension, I adhered them to a white pierced square die cut, then filled in the game board with a mix of die cut silver X's and red O's.  The panel was matted on silver and red cardstock before I layered it on to a white pierced rectangle die cut. The set's "you are tic tac toe-tally awesome" sentiment was stamped just beneath the grid element in coordinating rosy red ink.  I adhered the panel to a coordinating red card base to finish the card.

Materials Used:
X's and O's stamp set, Tic Tac Toe, Pierced Square STAX, and Blueprints 21 dies (My Favorite Things); Flamingo ink (Reverse Confetti); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Silver and Red Punch cardstock (Recollections)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome is right! This sketch was perfect for tic tac toe! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your color choices on this great take of the sketch, Lori! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch and I love that fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! This is amazing Lori! I totally love that tic-tac-toe board! It is totally awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips