Friday, March 29, 2019

We Belong Together

The theme for the current Lawn Fawnatics challenge is "CASE yourself."  I chose to recreate the clean and simple creation seen here that I made for an earlier Lawn Fawnatics challenge.  I kept the layout and love theme the same, but changed up the color scheme and stamp set used on my new version.

We Belong Together card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
My revisited version features Lawn Fawn's Milk and Cookies stamp set.  I colored up and die cut a bunch of images from the set, then arranged them on a kraft card base, using foam tape for dimension.  Instead of stamping the sentiment directly on a cardstock strip with one end tucked underneath the cluster of images, I added a long, narrow piece of red heart patterned washi tape to the cardfront and stamped the "we belong together" sentiment directly above the tape strip in black ink.  The original card had a small heart accent, so I wanted to incorporate that element into this design, too.  Instead of adding something with dimension, I ended up using the set's teeny tiny heart image to stamp a trio of hearts above the cluster of images--just enough to add a final pop of color to the card!

Materials Used:
Milk and Cookies stamp set, Milk and Cookies dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Tuxedo Black and Memento Luxe Love Letter inks (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); heart washi tape (Michaels); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Nothing better thank milk 'n cookies! Great card Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute clean card!! And that set is one of my fave!! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this ... and just picked up this set!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips