Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Color Throwdown 537-Hello There


It's time for another Color Throwdown!  It's my turn to be challenge hostess this week and I've selected a fun mix of colors--purple, yellow, green, and gray.

Hello There card--designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
I'm still trying to rest a strained muscle in my arm, so I put together a quick, almost stamp-free card based on the current sketch at CAS(e) this Sketch.  My focal image is a layered gerbera daisy cut with a die from My Favorite Things.  The daisy die set didn't include leaves, so I found some leaves from another die set to go with the flowers.  Once all of the pieces were cut, I arranged them on a gray panel over a purple cardstock band.  The "hello there" sentiment from the More Essential Sentiments set was stamped beneath the flower in purple ink.  I adhered the finished panel to a coordinating purple card base.

To play along, just create a paper crafted project using these colors as a starting point and add a direct link to your finished project using the linky tool found at the end of this week's CTD post.  As always, if you don’t have exact color matches, something close works just fine.  Just be sure that the challenge colors are the dominant ones in your project.  And, if you upload your project to an online gallery, use the keyword CTD537.  If you upload your projects on social media, go ahead and use the hashtag #ctd537 and #colorthrowdown.  You can find us on Instagram and on Facebook with the username colorthrowdown.  Before you get started, here’s some inspiration from the talented Color Throwdown team, April's Guest Designer, Lee Ann Barrett, and this week's Guest Star Stamper, Rachelle Oltean.

** Amy Rohl **  Amy Rysavy ** Barbara ** Broni ** 
 ** Jodi ** Lisa ** Lynn ** Vickie ** Wanda **
** March Guestie Lee Ann Barrett **
** Guest Star Stamper Rachelle Oltean **

Materials Used:
More Essential Sentiments stamp set, Gumball Green cardstock, Gerbera Daisy and Wild Greenery dies (My Favorite Things); Plum Punch ink (Gina K Designs); Daffodil Delight cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Weathervane cardstock (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips