Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Joy to the World

Joy to the World card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I've been doing a lot of simple designs with die cuts lately because I'm trying to rest my wrist to heal a strained muscle and this is another one of those. 

I represented the layout's three small elements with pieces cut with dies from the Filled with Joy die set--the "j" and "y" from the "joy" die and the pretty snowflake. After cutting them from silver cardstock, I adhered them on a narrow black cardstock strip positioned at the top of a red card base.  The "to the world" sentiment from the coordinating Filled with Joy stamp set was stamped in black ink on a short silver sentiment strip die placed just below the line up of elements.  A tiny clear crystal positioned at the center of the snowflake completed the design.

Materials Used:
Filled with Joy stamp set, Filled with Joy and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Basic Black cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch and Silver cardstock (Recollections); clear self-adhesive crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips