Friday, April 5, 2019

I Hope Your Birthday Is Magical

I Hope Your Birthday Is Magical card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
The theme for the current My Favorite Things Birthday Project challenge is rainbows.  It was the perfect reason to pull out my End of the Rainbow dies.  I cut out the rainbow bands in more muted color tones than I usually turn to when making a rainbow.  I think the softer look worked well.  I paired the bands of color with a watercolor panel that I inked with some watered down blue distress inks.  The rainbow was topped with a stitched cloud cut from shimmery white cardstock that I stamped with a birthday sentiment from the Rainbow of Happiness stamp set.  The text was heat embossed for dimension.  I accented the cloud with a trio of silver glitter enamel dots, then adhered the finished panel to a turquoise card base.

Materials Used:
Rainbow of Happiness stamp set, End of the Rainbow dies  (My Favorite Things); Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, and Mermaid Lagoon distress inks (Ranger); Delicata Silvery Shimmer ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Tempting Turquoise, Marina Mist, Certainly Celery, and Pumpkin Pie cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Tart and Lilac Grace cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Crystal Stardust cardstock (The Paper Cut); silver embossing powder (Hero Arts); silver glitter enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips