Saturday, April 6, 2019

Rain or Shine

Rain or Shine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps from Hello Bluebird
Here's my card for this week's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  The layout's large panel was perfect for making a simple scene with an image from Hello Bluebird's Rainy Day stamp set that I'd colored with Copic markers a while ago. After cutting out the colored image with my Scan 'n Cut machine, I used foam tape to adhere it to an aqua panel with a pale gray strip along the bottom.  To make the gray strip look more like a sidewalk, I used a fine tipped black marker to draw in some lines.  I stamped a few raindrops on either side of the image before adhering the panel to a contrasting red mat, then centering it on an aqua card base covered with aqua dotted patterned paper.  The set's "rain or shine I'm here for you" sentiment was stamped on a red fishtail flag strip and adhered over both the image panel and the cardfront to finish the design.

Materials Used:
Rainy Day stamp set (Hello Bluebird); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Cookie Monster ink (Taylored Expressions); markers (Copic); Aqua Mist and Soft Stone cardstock, Aqua Mist patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); Fishtail Flag STAX dies (My Favorite Things); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. Totally adorable! Love this sweet girl and your coloring is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and I love the colors you've used - they work so beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips