Sunday, April 7, 2019

I'm So Hoppy for You

Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  The long, narrow panel was perfect for an interactive element! 

I used one of the frogs/toads from the Toad-ally Awesome set in a simple scene.  The image waws colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching die.  I made a background for the image from light blue polka dotted patterned paper and a die cut green lily pad.  After matting the panel on darker blue cardstock, I used the slider die from the die set to cut a channel in the panel. The lily pad was positioned beneath the channel using foam tape for dimension.  I set the image in the channel, backed with a slider element and a piece of cardstock to let it slide up and down above the lily pad.  The long panel was adhered to the left side of a light blue cardfront. For the sentiment, I used the same blue cardstock as I used for the mat behind the image panel. After cutting a fishtail flag strip, I stamped the "I'm so happy for you" sentiment on it and adhered it to the upper left side of the cardfront, overlapping the image panel. The frog/toad just about reaches the sentiment when it moves!

Materials Used:
Toad-ally Awesome stamp set, Gumball Green cardstock, Toad-ally Awesome and Essential Fishtail Flag Sentiment Strips, Slider Elements (My Favorite Things); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Bashful Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Blueberry Sky cardstock, Spring Rain patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

1 comment:

 
Blogging tips