Tuesday, April 9, 2019

My Heart Is a Flutter

My Heart is a Flutter card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Paper Smooches
This month's Paper Smooches challenge is a fun sketch.  I inked up an image from the adorable classic Giddy Bugs set for my take on the layout.  The butterfly image was colored with Copic markers, then cut out with the matching Giddy Bugs Icons die.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I coated the butterfly's wings with a light layer of clear glitter courtesy of a glitter brush pen.  So pretty IRL!

For the background, I adhered a white paper doily to the bottom right side of a red card! base.  After trimming the side of the doily so it was flush with the cardfront, I added the image on top using foam tape for dimension.   The set's "my heart is a flutter" sentiment was stamped on a yellow cardstock strip and positioned at the left side of the doily.  As an accent, I arranged a trio of teeny tiny pale pink hearts cut with PS's Tiny Hearts die just above the butterfly--again, hard to see in the photo, but I promise they're there!  The Tiny Hearts just might be one of my all-time favorite PS dies--the trio of teeny hearts works perfectly with so many PS stamps!

Materials Used:
Giddy Bugs stamp set, Giddy Bugs Icons and Tiny Hearts dies (Paper Smooches); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukinkeo/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); clear Sparkle glitter brush pen (Spectrum Noir); Pink Pirouette cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); white paper doily; foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips