Sunday, May 26, 2019

Hello Sunshine

Hello Sunshine card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn
Here's my take on the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I used mostly dies to put this cheery design together.   When I saw the layout, I envisioned a sun with clouds, so I built the design on a light blue card base.  The sun is made from a yellow pinking circle die cut with a slightly smaller yellow gingham stitched circle die cut in the middle.  I used Lawn Fawn's Spring Showers dies to cut a pair of shimmery white clouds to go with the sun.  They were adhered to the cardfront using foam tape.  For the sentiment, I used the new Hello Border die, cut from teal cardstock and placed across the sun, and the "sunshine" sentiment from the Rain or Shine Before 'n Afters stamp set, stamped in teal and heat embossed with clear to set the text.  I may go back and add a few sequin or enamel dot accents--what do you think?

Materials Used:
Rain or Shine Before 'n Afters stamp set, Spring Showers and Hello Border dies (Lawn Fawn); Memento Teal Zeal ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Bright Buttercup cardstock, Lemon Tart patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); Soft Sky and Bermuda Bay cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Crystal Stardream metallic paper (The Paper Cut); pinking circle dies (Spellbinders); stitched circle dies (Lil' Inker Designs); Clear embossing powder (Recollections); foam tape

2 comments:

  1. This is so bright and cheery. I love the gingham paper! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card makes me smile - such a wonderful combination of colours! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips