Thursday, June 27, 2019

Best Teacher Ever

Here's my card for this month's SugarPea Designs Mix It Up challenge.  I combined the sketch with elements from the inspiration photo (fruit theme, color scheme) to come up with this teacher appreciation design.

Best Teacher Ever card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from SugarPea DesignsI built my design on a pale gray card base with a trio of narrow blue cardstock strips stretched across the bottom.  For the sentiment, I stamped "best teacher ever" from SPD's Class Act stamp set in black ink on a white circle.  The circle was matted on red cardstock, then adhered over the blue stripes.  I accented the panel with a pair of school-themed images--an apple and a stack of books--that I colored with Copic markers and cut out with the matching dies.  A trio of red matte enamel dots arranged around the sentiment panel completed the design.

Materials Used:
Class Act stamp set, Class Act dies (SugarPea Designs); Memento Tuxedo Black ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); markers (Copic); Brocade Blue cardstock (Stampin' Up!); Grout Gray cardstock (My Favorite Things); Red Punch cardstock (Recollections); circle dies (Spellbinders); red matte enamel dots (Eyelet Outlet); foam tape

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great teacher card! Love the simplicity and style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I love your coloring! This is a perfect card for a teacher! Thanks for playing along at SugarPea Designs Mix It Up Challenge!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips