Monday, June 24, 2019

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary card-designed by Lori Tecler/Inking Aloud-stamps and dies from My Favorite Things
Here's my card for the current My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch Challenge.  I rotated the layout 180 degrees, but otherwise kept to the elements included on the sketch.

I covered a deep red cardfront with a piece of pretty gray on gray leafy paper.  To create the rounded pale gray panel, I did a little creative die cutting with a half-circle die from the Blueprints 21 die set.  The rounded piece was adhered to the top of the floral panel, leaving just a little of the print exposed.  A band of shimmery silver paper was placed across the top of the pale gray panel. I added the die cut pierced heart at the bottom of the silver paper, using foam tape for dimension. The "happy anniversary" sentiment from the Essential Sentiments stamp set was stamped in white pigment ink on a narrow Slanted Sentiment Strips die cut and heat embossed to pop against the gray background.  It was adhered over the heart using foam tape to anchor it.  I may go back and add some enamel dots or sequins around the sentiment for a little more sparkle and shine...

Materials Used:
Essential Sentiments stamp set, Grout Gray and Steel Grey cardstock, Blueprints 21, Pierced Heart STAX, and Slanted Sentiment Strips dies (My Favorite Things); Memento Luxe Wedding Dress ink (Tsukineko/IMAGINE Crafts); Red Punch cardstock, Snow embossing powder (Recollections); Crystal Stardream metallic cardstock (The Paper Cut); Smokey Shadow patterned paper (Papertrey Ink); foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips